Race Relations in Bailey
Bailey is populate mostly by humans and as a whole looks at Teiflings, Drow, Duergar, Deep Gnomes, and Dragon-born with extreme distrust. (Teiflings*, Drow, Duergar, Deep Gnomes and Dragon-born will have disadvantage on Charisma checks with most citizens of Bailey.)
- The prevalence of elven blood among the nobility has also resulted in an affinity for elves, half elves, and other ‘elf-blooded’ people among the nobility. (Elves, half-elves and elf-blooded humans have advantage on Charisma checks with nobles.)
- Halflings and half-orcs are view with dislike and disdain by the nobility. (Halflings and half-orcs have disadvantage on Charisma checks with nobles.)
- Servants of the nobility often share their master’s prejudices.
Middle Class (Guild Craftsmen, Merchants, Priests, etc.)
- Dwarven merchants and craftsmen are greatly admired alike by the middle class and are often emulated. Gnomish inventions and knowledge are greatly sought after by the middle class. (Dwarves and gnomes have advantage on Charisma checks with the middle class.)
Commoners (Farmers, Miners, Laborers, etc.)
- Due to there association with the nobility elves, half-elves and elf-blooded humans are seen by may as powerful and superior to commoners, causing them to be disliked, distrusted and sometimes feared. (Elves, half-elves and elf-blooded humans have disadvantage on Charisma checks with commoners.)
- Halfling attitudes and earthiness endear them to the common folk, while half-orcs are pitied for there treatment by nobility. (Halflings and half-orcs have advantage on Charisma checks with commoners.)
*Depending on a Tieflings appearance he/she may be able to disguise their non-human heritage.